[AT] A short tractor story or The roots of My A-C Love

David A. Laughead Jr. daljr at bright.net
Sun Dec 26 06:31:06 PST 2004

Yesterday, while at my sisters apartment my Dad was going through a box of
old pictures searching for a particular photo he came across a picture of my
Mom. I would guess this picture was taken in the late 50's. It was my Mom
driving none other than an old rough Allis WC. I knew my grandpa had a small
piece of wooded land somewhere outside of Portsmouth, Ohio. I knew there was
a tractor there but no one seemed to remember what it was. We lost my Mom
back in 1992 due to Cancer. I was 14 y/o then, this was before I had
developed the love I now have for tractors. At that point I had only ever
driven the lil Massey Pony. I guess back then I didn't know the right
questions to ask about tractors. Looks like I now know the roots to my A-C
love.

Dave Laughead
Arcanum, Ohio

---