[AT] Romance of Rust

Roger Welsch captneb at micrord.com
Sat Dec 25 08:28:52 PST 2004

The true stories of my love life...A LIFE WITH DOGS...came out in October
and has been going like crazy.  I do love my pups.  Linda painted the cover
and inside illustrations so she maintains people buy the book for the
cover...and then are surprised to find words inside.  This coming autumn
there will be a quasi-semi-pseudo-mechanicking book, for beginners like me.
I figure it'll be a grand gift for kids, cousins, and significant mostlies
who are trying to figure out what makes us crazy.  I go deep into technology
in this one.  Like... "This is a nut....this is a bolt...."

As I have noted elsewhere, it's really stupid to write a book about
something you are an expert in.  You can only be an expert in one or two
things, after all.  I have opened up the world on the other hand by writing
about things I know nothing about...women, mechanicking, tools, dogs...
It's a new genre.  When it comes to not knowing much about something, we're
all experts!

Hope you're all having a good Christmas...and man, let's hope for an easier
New Year, huh?

Ol' Rog