[AT] O/T one horse sleighs

MasseyH at aol.com MasseyH at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 06:52:50 PST 2004

I just remarked to my to adult kids the other day about how people will
never have the opportunity to enjoy the peace and serenity of moving through the
winter air in a sleigh pulled by a horse.  We have had Percherons all of  our
lives and the one thing that always happens when it snows is hitching our
favorite mare to the one seat (two person) cutter sleigh. It is a small sleigh
so it makes it even more exciting to get behind one of the "big" ones.   There
is nothing better than new snow, graduated sleigh bells, and your nicest
horse going through the neighborhood or across the field.

The sleigh was purchased by my father-in-law for $.50 (yes fifty cents)  when
he was a boy.  It has gone through at least two restorations and is as
strong and durable as a brand new one.

If you have ever have the opportunity to take a ride in a "one horse open
sleigh" never pass it up. It is one of life's pleasures that can not be
duplicated.

Merry Christmas

Gary