[AT] Caskets and Sleighs and Dogs

Troy Bogdan tbogdan1 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 24 03:45:36 PST 2004

Troy sez,

I wonder if I can get one of those caskets in half green and yellow and the
other half farmall red?  That way for my funeral half of the pallbearers
would be wearing Deere caps and the others would have Red caps on.  How
about if the cart that they wheel it around would be tricycle type?  Who
needs a hearse, give it a 3-pt. hitch and haul it to the graveyard.

As far as getting the casket, you could order one at Costco, and paint it
yourself, and apply all the decals yourself.  Doesn't seem too hard.

I never rode in a horse-drawn sleigh, but some fond memories of me growing
up in the 70's in Pennsylvania was hooking up a big tractor inner tube to
the horse, and being whipped through the fields, 4-5 kids on that tube at a
time.  That was fun!!!

By the way, speaking of dogs, if any of you ever looked at my web site, we
have pictures of our old boy "Czar."  He looked like a golden retreiver, but
we were told that he was a mix of Collie, Shepherd, Husky and Wolf.  He had
one blue eye, and loved to play in the snow.  Smartest dog I've ever owned,
and a real guard dog too.  He would attack anybody that wasn't a member of
his pack (family), but in the Summer of '03 he had to be put to sleep due to
a brain tumor that  caused him to forget who was who, and he went after my
Daughter after she was away for two weeks.  That was a real sad story, but
this past Summer, we found a new dog, a stray puppy on our farm, who was a
mix of black lab and something, but he is a pointer for sure.  He points
while he is walking sometimes.  ANYWAY, Yogi has changed from a puppy into a
young dog, and has become a new family member.  He is no replacement for
Czar, but it sure is nice to have a dog again.  I would suggest if anyone
out there is considering a dog, check out your local animal shelter.  They
have plenty of furry friends looking for a good home.  Perhaps it would be
the Christmas gift that keeps on giving.  There is nothing like a good dog!

THANKS.

Happy Winter, Merry Christmas, and a Wonderful New Year to you and yours
from the Bogdan Family!

Organically Yours,  Troy Bogdan, Western Pennsylvania,
'45 Farmall A  +  '53 JD70  www.pureearthorganic.com