[AJD] DB1234

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Dec 23 10:32:34 PST 2004

Hans:

I'm not sure I fully understand the question or exactly how to answer it:

These four CD's are:

DB 1293 - Vintage Tractor Parts Catalogs
DB 1290 - Vintage Tillage #1 Parts Catalogs
DB 1291 - Vintage Tillage #2 Parts Catalogs
DB 1298 - Lawn and Garden Products Parts Catalogs

DB 1290, 1291 & 1293 were sold by JD for about $75 each up until 2 years or
so ago. No longer sold by JD. Originals of DB1293 now show up on eBay
occasionally and sell in the $350 to $450 range.

DB1298, I'm not sure what it sold for originally, I suspect $75 also. These
too show up on eBay occasionally. I bought my original on eBay about a year
ago in the $20 range. I suspect they might be higher now. :-)

I did a compilation of what the cost would be for the paper reprint PC's
that are on DB1293 from Deere today with their new inflated prices and the
cost would be over $1400 with two of the PC's on the CD no longer available
from JD in any form.

Now if you are asking what copies of these original CD's would cost the
answer would be whatever the fine and jail time would be for illegally
copying copyrighted material.  :-) In the past there have been a few
enterprising individuals on ebay sell copies of these originals. Both eBay
and JD shut them down quite quickly! Don't know how much trouble the sellers
got into.

I hope I got somewhere close to answering your question.

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door

www.deerelegacy.com