[AT] Got Woodchuck Pills? Snow

ROBBRUT at aol.com ROBBRUT at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 14:38:54 PST 2004

Bob, I have thought of you and Barkley more than once since we got our beagle
(who is appropriately-named "Nipper").

What a giant pain in the butt he can be.

He barks not at all, but his vocalizings make my neighbors think someone is
being tortured to death.

He will look me in the eye when he's called, and then go off in the opposite
direction.

He eats any kind of bones, and chews furniture too !

But the topper is that he loves to chew and swallow plastic !

He has eaten milk bottle caps, yogurt cups, credit cards and has also eaten 7
of our toothbrushes by climbing up on the sink to get them.

Two days ago he climbed on the window sill and ate a Christmastree bulb
(glass).

But the topper is that so far he has eaten 4 disposable razors heads and all !

I can't imagine how come he is unaffected by the stainless steel blades (and
since they are double and triple-blade razors and glass he's eaten, that's a
lot of sharp edges to deal with.

He does play well with the kids, and sleeps in bed with them/me, but I have
to sleep "on the edge" of wakefulness so that I can let him out to pee as soon
as he stirs, or else there will be a puddle to deal with.

He is either the smartest or the most brainless dog I have every met, but I
can't quite figure out which.

So, anyone want a 8MO old beagle?

You'd have to live fairly close though, cause he also gets carsick easily
(after drooling like a firehose the entire time he is in the car/truck).

I just need to know, are all beagles this much trouble?

-Bruce