[AT] OT - Pickup Transmission Question

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Wed Dec 22 08:28:26 PST 2004

	I had lengthy discussions with two separate local transmission rebuilders. Both mentioned having once
worked for Aamco. Neither was proud of that and both had a lot of rip-off horror stories. The PO of Diana's
Lincoln had the tranny rebuilt by Aamco and it works OK but the OD engages very roughly compared to my PU.
	One of the stories I recall was of an employee dropping a customers tranny off of a bench and breaking
a large hole in the top of the case. They "patched" it by whittling a wood plug and driving it into the hole with
some silicone... The customer was sent on his way not knowing about the damage and patch.

"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net