[AT] OT - Pickup Transmission Question

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Wed Dec 22 05:13:44 PST 2004

Check the grounds and get it away from AAMCO as soon as possible and
hopefully before they go into it.  Around here they charge you a small base
charge to tear into it.  Then tell you  it is going to need a rebuild and
won't put it back together without a big charge.  Your's may be different.

The speedometer is most likely electronic on a 1990.  Therefore if it is not
working consistently it stands to reason that it is a ground.  If you can
get it back from AAMCO before it cost you any money try putting a jumper
cable or similar ground from the transmission case to a good chassis ground.
(make sure the connections are good) and see if the problem goes away.

Charlie