[AT] OT - Pickup Transmission Question

Thomas O. Mehrkam tomehrkam at houston.rr.com
Wed Dec 22 04:15:35 PST 2004

I had a 91 that acted that way. Without the speedometer problem.

A part went bad called the Manual Lever Position Sensor. I dumped the
codes and ran a diagnostic that pinpointed the problem.

One $75 part fixed the problem and I did not even have to drop the pan.

Your problem might be related to something else. Someone who knows what
they are doing should be able to diagnose the thing with the computer.
No need to drop the pan unless the problem is internal.

I worry about AMCO just rebuilding the tranny and asking questions
later. I had over $200,000 miles on mine with the origional transmission.