[AT] OT - Pickup Transmission Question

Rob Gray Robgray at epix.net
Wed Dec 22 02:07:21 PST 2004

Thnks to everyone who responded to my post!

The thing that really bugs me about this whole situation is that right
about when this all started on the same day I smelled a hot electric
smell coming from the engine compartment. When I investigated it was
obvious that rodents had been taking up residence in the engine
compartment because the heat insulation around some of the wiring
harnesses had been opened up by the buggers. The varmints also had left
food in the engine compartment. When I brought the vehicle to the AAMCO
this time I made sure I mentioned this because I knew this was an
electric controlled transmission. They dismissed my idea outright
essentially saying I was clueless and said they needed to open up the
transfer to see what was wrong. I don't trust them at all after hearing
some of these comments from folks here that it sounds like it is
probably an electrical issue. They are still saying it is mechanical.

Rob
NE PA