[AT] Catching up /a ramble /now track

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Tue Dec 21 06:49:51 PST 2004

Grant
Good sets won't be easy to find.  When shopping around, be sure you look for
the right ones.  Different link numbers were used on the early D4's (also
D2's, D6's, D7's and D8's) and as a result they had different bolt hole
sizes for the pads.  You can be in danger of finding and buying link groups
that your pads will not match, doubling your problem.

If you find a decent set of links be sure and match up bolt hole sizes by
link number and not by some seller guessing what size bolts were used for
the pads.  They cold be off 1/16" of an inch very easily and you get stuck
with the wrong tracks and a freight bill.

If you have link numbers and need to know what size bolt/nut were used, let
me know and I can look them up for you. Be sure and evaluate their quality
by measurements rather than guessing too.  One-tenth of an inch can be as
much as 30% wear on track of this size.  If you send me measurements I can
look up what % wear or wear remaining may exist.

John Parks
Boise, ID