[AT] Basic question about a VF4 Wisconsin engine

CBear81438 at aol.com CBear81438 at aol.com
Mon Dec 20 21:06:44 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/20/2004 1:14:34 AM Central Standard Time,
toma at risingnet.net writes:

I was  working on one of these V4's this weekend. It is on a lincoln arc
welder
I  am sure it had fire this summer when I got it during the hot weather.
I  just got the fuel system cleaned out and now there is no spark.
I tried to  take the cap off to check the points. It looks like I need to take
off the  oil filter. It must be an engine speed mag. It clicks on impulse
about
twice as much as it seems like it should. I had one of these on a hay  press
once. I don't look forward to cranking it  either.

If it is a DC welder, you can rig a 24 volt starter by connecting 24 volts
to the welder leads.  This will crank the motor.   Just  disconnect the leads
when it starts, or it tends to blow up the battery.   You can rig a 12/24
switch to charge the batteries....

Cecil in OKla