[AJD] Mike's B - crankcase

Robert M. Massengale ltcmikem at ktc.com
Mon Dec 20 08:01:43 PST 2004

Duane, Bill, Ron, Don, Terry and Dave,

Thank you all for your suggestions and guidance on flushing the crankcase.  I've
trimmed your individual responses as the thread was getting too long to get through
Spencer's filters.  As anxious as I am to pour some gas in the tank and turn that
flywheel, I'm going to hold off and do a good cleaning of the crankcase.

I was caught off guard when I finally realized the "crankcase cover" everyone was
talking about removing to get at the muck and sludge was on top of the crankcase.
I expected to be going at this from the bottom of the engine.  I had tentatively
identified my entry point as the round 6½" and 4½" covers (one on top of the other)
just forward of the drain plug and oil filter.  What's above these covers?  It looks like
if I removed them it would make a much bigger hole to push the muck through than
the drain plug hole.

Thanks again for all this great help.

Mike

Robert M. Masengale