[AJD] Mike's B - crankcase

Terry L. Hrdlicka th01209 at alltel.net
Sun Dec 19 14:25:07 PST 2004

Mike,

I'll echo what Bill said about "business as usual."  My '50 A had the
same yucky stuff in it when I bought it.  I'd change the oil and filter,
change the tranny oil, drive it around for an hour or so, and trying not
to get oil on your teeth ('cause you'll still be grinning), change both
again.  If the tranny fluid looks pretty gross, you might want to fill
it with diesel, drive it around a little, then drain and fill with 140W.
  If the engine oil still looks pretty bad you could probably put a Gal.
of diesel in the engine, pull the sparkplugs, and spin her over 'till
your arms fall off, then drain and fill with oil.

My .02,

Terry