[AT] Catching up /a ramble

Ivan Cousins ivancou at usachoice.net
Sat Dec 18 20:31:44 PST 2004

 Over Thanksgiving we made a mad dash north to retrieve the Agricat that
Dave Cesan  had . The weather man was calling for a two nice days before it
snowed .   Close to a thousand miles in two days so we didnt get to spend a
whole lot of time in any one spot . But we did visit with Dave and his wife
for a bit .  Dave has quite an assortment of machines , minus one less now .
You see lots of pictures of old dozers , but to actually see them ,wow !
The magnetic powers of  TMCOTKU must be pretty week up that way , as Dave
has a good assortment of old iron .
  I'd like to talk him out of one of those old chevys too  ,but someone told
me I should finnish the one I'm working on first . Oh but dont even mention
that mountain of yarn in the upstairs bedroom that is big enough to make 150
afgahans ! One last fender to sand ,and a final coat of paint to make it all
match and time to get the plates. Then off to the tractor shows !
  We got some stares coming back , you could see the tops of the tracks and
the engine in the back of the truck .But didnt have any encounters with the
bears or DOT guys other than one followed me for a couple miles .
      I even managed to get it into the garage without the neighbor seeing
it . I had a small machine like a Struck , and every time I took it outside
the neighbor came over to watch .  Safely tucked away in the shop its
getting new pins and bushings in the track before we go out to play .  I'm a
little over half way on the bushings ,  I have 39 out of 52 done.  But then
there's 52 pins to make and 110 links to bore .  A good winter project .
Oh ,I wonder how big a muffler I'd have to put on it to be able to sneak out
of the shop without the neighbors .  Hmm ,  one off a cub ?  Aw but a
straight pipe sounds much better .
So if anyone else has an Agricat dozer , or knows of one for sale . Hey its
always nice to have spare parts .
    Ivan