[AJD] Mike's "New" B - Fuel

Robert M. Massengale ltcmikem at ktc.com
Sat Dec 18 20:50:49 PST 2004

Duane -

Just got back from working the fuel problem.  I siphoned the big tank dry and was
happy to discover it was clean as a whistle inside... not a speck of rust or any crud.
Removed the sediment bowl and the fuel line between the fuel filter and the carb.
There was a small amount of sediment in the botttom of the bowl, but not much.  I
blew out the fuel line, but found no evidence of anything that would have been
blocking the line.  Also blew air through the fuel line opening on the fuel filter and
through the top of the fuel filter into the big tank.  Didn't find anything that I thought
would have kept the fuel from flowing from the tank to the carb.  Also removed the
drain pet cock on the bottom of the carb to make sure the blockage wasn't there.
Left everything off/open to dry overnight.  Will put it all back together after church
tomorrow.  Probably won't be able to get the MEK until Monday.

I sure appreciate your sticking with me on this.

Mike

Robert M. Massengale
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624