[AT] Drill Problem

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Dec 18 05:02:43 PST 2004

At 12/17/04 10:02:00 PM, you wrote:
>Richard,
>  Got a propane or MAPP torch or an oxy/acet torch. Mark the spots you
>need to drill with a center punch, then heat the area cherry red. let it
>cool slow and drill it. Should make a big difference.
>
>Steve Williams
>Near Cooperstown NY

	This is probably what I would try. They are probably made of the lowest grade of recycle steel like rebar
and steel fence post. If you saw a piece of rebar in half and look at the cut face you can see the hard spots. I
took down an old steel frame wire crib (made during or just after WW II) some years ago and the angle iron
frame was almost useless. Hard to drill and veeerrry sloppy to weld.

"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana USA
robinson at svs.net