[AT] Basic question about a VF4 Wisconsin engine--Ron

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at pionet.net
Fri Dec 17 09:20:11 PST 2004

You're welcome, John.  I use a two cylinder THD on the log splitter.  My
VF4 is on a buzz saw rig and I need something that starts better on that
thing.  Or a VF4 with a starter.  I have chased down a flying crank more
than once.  It isn't the saw that is dangerous with this set up.<g>
Around here you can find electric starter versions on old swathers or
sprayers or grain augers.  The old balers and combines are hand-crank
start like mine.  They all seem to be getting scarcer.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA