[AT] OT- Late model chevy truck question-More and long

Warren F. Smith WarrenSmith at PalmettoBuilders.net
Thu Dec 16 17:48:00 PST 2004

>>Know how to tell a late model GM pickup is approaching?
>>
>>Its got a headlamp or fog light burnt out.

I was raised to be a GM owner. Somehow, over the years I've never been able
to afford them and have had an array of Ford products. Our company leases
pickups for the three partners. I know, I know, but it does make more
financial sense for our particular company. Anyway, I had a 2001 Lariat F250
Superduty 4x4 with a crew cab and 8' bed. It was a bear to park at Walmart
but I eventually got used to parking far off and walking. I just had to turn
in "Big Blue" and to save money we went with a Chevy Silverado LT 1500 Crew
Cab 4x4. The towing capacity is about the same and the price was right.
However, the similarities end there. As my partners trucks cycle out of
their leases I'm thinking we will probably look at 2500 Chevy's or another
round of F250's for them. The 1500 is just a small truck, the crew cab
dictates that they only have a 5.5 ft. bed, and when you install a toolbox
there just isn't much room left. This truck is a nice vehicle, and I'm very
grateful to have it, but I do miss the space the 250 had. In the three years
I drove it there was never any problem whatsoever. The leasing company has
it parked for sale three blocks from my office and I'm tempted to go buy it
as a personal vehicle.

I should say that the Chevy is getting 17+ mpg whereas the Ford's best was
14 mpg. I will also say that I had to cut out and reweld notches in the
Weatherguard toolbox so it would fit over the wheelwells. I've only had the
Chevy a month or so - I'm hoping it will grow on me.

---
Hey, we check all the outgoing mail and certify it Virus Free.