[AJD] Re: Antique-johndeere Digest, Vol 8, Issue 16

Eric LaCruze ericlacruze at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 17:27:28 PST 2004

Back on the list, finally-hi all.

(Answering digest)

Dean, LP compression with modern gas should be no problem, but I'd say
considering how little actually gets used, premium is cheap insurance.
Everybody knows that modern pump gas is only formulated to be fresh for
about 14 days, right? After that, it starts turning into ... something
other than satisfactory motor fuel... Sta-Bil, my hero.

Lou and all D owners-my cousin just did his D, and being a world-class
cheapskate, found valves from an 820 or something that were the same
dimension as a D except quite a bit longer. He had a local shop shorten
them and grind in the valve collar grooves. I don't remember the total
but it was considerably less than new, perhaps less than half the cost.

Eric