[AT] OT- Late model chevy truck question

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Thu Dec 16 14:56:54 PST 2004

That vent is actually connected under the hood to the charcoal canister.
Under the canister there is a filter that allows air to vent the tank.
They usually last a loonngg time. If you want to replace it about the
only place to find them is the dealer. The reason for the light is that
air bleeds by the gas cap enough to prevent the fuel tank from forming a
slight vacuum. The computer senses it and lights the light. If you want
to stop this easily, use a scrub pad to clean the tank neck, then put a
LIGHT coat of petroleum jelly on the gasket. That also keeps the gasket
pliable and able to seal.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY

"God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change,
courage to change the things we can,and wisdom to know the difference."