[AT] Shop Toys porcupines?

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Dec 16 15:25:41 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Francis Robinson <robinson at svs.net>
To: Antique tractor email discussion group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [AT] Shop Toys For Christmas ?

> Just wondering... do those things flatten tires when you hit them???  I
once flattened a tire on an old
> broken beef bone.
>

> "farmer"

I've never heard of porcupine quills puncturing a tire. I don't think they
are rigid enough to go through a tire. I once ran over one (accidentally)
with the swather while cutting canola. I was picking quills out of the big
drive tire for a while after that but none of them went through far enough
to do damage. This was a 6 ply implement tire.
I don't know what he was doing out there, maybe eating canola.  They are
mostly bark eaters here. Willows seem to be preferred but they will go after
most types it seems.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/