[AT] Shop Toys For Christmas ?

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Wed Dec 15 03:33:36 PST 2004

> I have a decent sized pile of cribbing. Mostly 8x8x3ft long and a few
> 6x6x3ft long. I always watch when I am cutting firewood for logs that I can
> saw these out of and set them aside to drag over to a relative's place where
> he has a Woodmizer bandsaw mill. He cuts them up for me cheaply and I still
> have a little slabwood for firewood. I used the cribbing when I moved a
> 20'x30' double corn crib so I could build my shop. I need a bunch more 8x8's
> as I plan on putting a new basement under my house and it will take a bunch
> of it to support the whole house when I take the old foundation out from
> under the house.
> Mark

	Reading Mark's post while having my first cuppa this morning, I
wondered if anyone on the List has ever used an Alaskan Mill using a chain
saw to make his own cribbing?  I have two large piles of mostly oak, maple
and beech logs - estimated by the logger at 40 full cords in log lengths -
and probably should be making not only some cribbing but some rough cut
planks. It appears from the sales literature from Bailey's logger's supplies
that not only are the Alaskan mills fairly cheap but they do a good job on
the rough stuff. My 372XP Husky should be able to handle a long bar and a
ripping chain.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson