[AT] an nother test a little easier this time if you are old like me.

DAVIESW739 at aol.com DAVIESW739 at aol.com
Tue Dec 14 20:07:48 PST 2004

A Test for those Kids of the 50s & 60s
The answers are below, but don't peek.

01.  After the Lone  Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset,  the
grateful  citizens would ask, "Who was that masked man?"  Invariably,
someone  would answer, "I don't know, but he left this  behind."  "What  did  he
leave behind?_______________________.

02. When  the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched
them on the,  ______________________show.

03. Get your kicks,  _______________.

04. The story you are about to see is true.  The  names have been changed
____________________.

05. In the jungle,  the mighty jungle,_________________________.

06. After the twist, the  mashed potatoes, and the watusi, we "danced" under
a stick that was lowered as  low as we could go in a dance called the
_________________________.

07. N_E_S_T_L_E_S, Nestle's makes the very best, _______________.

08. Satchmo was America's "ambassador of goodwill."  Our parents  shared
this great jazz trumpet player with us.  His name was,  ____________________.

09 What takes a licking and keeps on  ticking?__________________.

10. Red Skeltons hobo character was  ________________________. and he always
ended his television show by  saying,  "Good night,
and_____________________________."

11. Some  Americans who protested the Vietnam war did so by burning
their_________________.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the  back and the trunk in  the
front, was called the VW. What other names  did  it go
by?__________________________&_______________________.

13. I n 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, "the day the music
died."  This was a tribute to____________________.

14. We  can remember the first satellite placed into orbit.  The  Russians
did  it; it was called_____________________.
\

15. One of the big fads of  the late 50's and 60's  was a large plastic ring
that we twirled around our  waist; it was called the ___________.

Answers:

01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bul! let.
02. The Ed  Sullivan show.
03. Route 66
04. to protect the innocent.
05. The  Lion sleeps tonight.
06. The limbo
07. chocolate.
08. Louis  Armstrong
09. The Timex watch.
10. Freddy the Freeloader, and "Good  night, and may God Bless."
11. draft cards (the bra was also burned)
12.  Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
14. sputnik
15. hoola-hoop
Send  this to your friends.  It will drive them crazy! And, keep them
occupied  for several minutes!

Walt  Davies
Cooper Hollow Farm
Monmouth, OR 97361