[Farmall] Tractor Hauling Trailer Recommendations

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Tue Dec 14 11:18:46 PST 2004

Steve,  Thanks for the information.  I had not thought about loading
multiple items.   Good to know that brakes on each axle important.   Great
picture of the trailer with the engine loaded.   Does not seem like a bad
price either.

Larry

Larry Hardesty
hardestyll at unk.edu

Steve Barr <stevebarr at ameritech.net>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
12/14/2004 12:58 PM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] Tractor Hauling Trailer Recommendations

Larry

Thought that I would jump in here...

I purchased a tandem axle tractor back in 2000.  It is a Texas built
trailer, but I feel was built pretty good.  I had been wanting an H&H, but
didn't have the funds.  The trailer was made by PJ trailer 7k
trailer...16+2 dovetail...brakes on both axles (a must in my opinion).
Bulldog Coupler...Ramps(2) stored under the side (stolen at an auction
last year). It was $1400.  I have had this trailer all over the past 4
years hauling engines and tractors to shows...The trailer does not have
sides, but has pockets where one could build some.  I like this as the
trailer is built better (not having to have the sides for strength.  I can
also load some items from the side.

I use my emergency brake, chock the wheels, and block he back of the
trailer when loading a tractor.

I ran this trailer with my F150 and now my F250 and it makes a world of
difference on how it tows...

I recently brought home a '42 H w/loader that I purchased and it towed
great.  I don't have pics of the it loaded, but I heard from others about
new 4 independently located tie down points need to be used.  I had 2
chains w/binders on the rear(one on each side of the drawbar) and 27k
straps on each side of the front pulling the other way.  Tiedowns are also
something to consider. I wish I had a rub rail, but haven't gotten that
welded to the front of the pockets yet....

http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/MyEngines/ChallengeHour8/snow2.jpg

If you are hauling multiple items, tilt beds make it a little harder
can see them as working great.

thanks for listening to my rambling...

Steve

=====
Steve Barr                N9NDE            Downers Grove, IL
          http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr
                      stevebarr at ameritech.net