[Farmall] Tractor Hauling Trailer Recommendations

Larry L Hardesty hardestyll at unk.edu
Tue Dec 14 10:05:26 PST 2004

Brad,  I have a single axle tilt bed that on I use for a garden tractor
and on occasion hauled my Cub on it.  I always have to get a good run at
it to get the tractor far enough on for it tilt down....and it is wet it
gets to be more fun.  I can imagine what it would be for a larger tractor
on a tandem axle.  Thanks for the advice.

Any thoughts on getting a trailer without rails versus one with rails?

Thanks

Larry Hardesty
Kearney, Nebraska 68849-2240
308-865-8535
308-865-8722 fax
hardestyll at unk.edu

"Brad Anderson" <classiccabinet at qwest.net>
Sent by: farmall-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
12/14/2004 10:35 AM
Please respond to
Farmall/IHC mailing list <farmall at lists.antique-tractor.com>

cc

Subject
Re: [Farmall] Tractor Hauling Trailer Recommendations

Larry-

There is a drawback to the tilt trailers I forgot to mention ---

When loading the trailer, the weight must be over the breaking point of
the
bed, or the bed won't come down. Most of the time, it's just drive or pull
the tractor/implement forward until it breaks over, lock the bed, then
back
up to distribute the weight.

On several occasions however,  I have had to use chains and come-a-longs
or
jacks on the dove tail, to get the bed down.

In those instances --- the tilt beds are not fun!

Just more food for thought
Brad