[AT] Locking a differential

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Mon Dec 13 05:46:21 PST 2004

Interesting plan Robert.   You might want to try and find information on AC
H3 or HD3 crawler.   It was basically a D-14 made into a crawler and might
have used off the shelf AC parts.  I'm not sure how it's steering clutches
were set up.

Sounds like your plan would work.  I don't know how long the hand clutches
would hold up.  Also you might find a way to "transplant" parts from a
common pickup  truck limited slip or locker into the AC differential.  You
can find tons of those in junk yards.

Charlie