[AT] Locking a differential

Jim and Lyn Evans jevans at evanstoys.com
Sun Dec 12 17:37:30 PST 2004

You can weld the spider gears to the side gears in the differential.  Stick
a bolt into the gear teeth to lock the gears up and weld it all into place.
That way the bolt takes the stress, not the weld.   Why would you want to do
that to a tractor?   There might be other solutions to solve the problem you
have.

Jim