[AT] Check out eBay item 5941300234 (Ends Dec-13-04 17:12:13 PST) -CATERPILLAR PE

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Sun Dec 12 11:09:17 PST 2004

It isn't worth that to me, Willard.

Several years ago, my grandkids hit the house on Thanksgiving eve and
headed for the rec. room where I have my toy tractors (and similar toys)
displayed.  They started to pull the collectables off the shelves and my
adult son got alarmed and asked, "Is that OK?"

I said, "They're TOYS!  They were designed to be played with."

If I'm going to have something the size of that pedal tractor setting
around, it had better be able to do something other than simply take up
space.

As to the value of things such as this, I firmly believe that the
monetary value of an item is exactly what the seller and the buyer agree
to at the time of a particular sale.  It makes no difference whether
it's toys, old tractors, or diamonds.  My wife and I visit antique malls
frequently and are always surprised to see items that we own (and that
we sometimes are using every day) with humongous price tags on them.
Her comment to me is generally, "You haven't seen anyone buy it for that
price, yet."

Larry