[AT] One additional wiring note

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Sun Dec 12 05:34:18 PST 2004

> I cannot speak for Cecil, but I am not a slum lord.  I run the rental

as a business.  You don't see Wal-mart saying its Christmas, everything

is free, why should we..  I have some compassion for people who cannot

pay their bills, but none for people who will not pay their bills. Maybe

if a few that moved out left me an old tractor, I might have a different

outlook.

	I answered a post a few days ago because it hit me where I have
quite a bit of knowledge. I have owned rental property for almost 50 years,
am a licensed real estate agent in New York State, and can tell you that
no one in his right mind would own rental property as anything other than
a business. Asking me if I ever sat down with a tenant that has never paid
a penny months after he moved in does not show that much thought was given
to the question before it was asked. Casting a slur at landlords who own
property by indicating they are "slumlords" is also a sign of poor or
no thinking.

	To put this in context, if you had an antique tractor for sale
and sold it to someone that claimed he had no money at the time but would
pay you monthly and then he took the tractor and never paid another penny
and showed no signs of ever paying, you would be looking for options to
either get the tractor back or get the money. If you then took him to
court to get either one and the judge gave him another 30 or 60 days to
pay or return the tractor and you ended up getting it back 3 months later.
When you picked it up, you found it had been abused, fenders and hood
dented, tires run flat, radiator allowed to freeze with water in it and
lights missing, and you had to put it back in shape at your own expense,
you would then be close to being in the same mood as a property owner who
has had a bad experience with a tenant.

	I hope this ends this thread for all of you as it has for me and
that we can now get back to antique tractors.

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson