[AJD] 1st Tractor

Merle W. Johnson wjohnson at bigriver.net
Sat Dec 11 18:03:44 PST 2004

Ronald
The lube part is fine.  One common misunderstanding is that higher octane
fuel burns faster.  Just the opposite.  The higher the octane, the slower the
burn to prvent detonation.  So, if not properly timed with enough spark
advance to permit the combustion to take place in the cylinder, it is still
burning when the exhaust valve opens and results in a burned exhaust valve.
Merle