[AJD] 1st Tractor

Robert M. Massengale ltcmikem at ktc.com
Sat Dec 11 16:41:17 PST 2004

I'm sure there is some good information on fuels in this thread, but I had to do some
backtracking to get the basics.  For starters, I wasn't sure what tractor fuel or
"distillate" was or where to get it.  If anybody else out there needs the basics I found
a short essay on tractor fuels that sure helped me at:

http://www.retiredtractors.com/Q/Distillate.html

Mike
Robert M. Massengale
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

> Taking this comparison to the diesel.  It's my understanding that the
> #2 diesel fuel will produce more power that the #1 diesel fuel.  The
> #2 diesel fuel will gel in the colder climates.  The #2 diesel fuel
> has more oil, thus more BTU per gallon.  The climate here in Camp
> Verde Arizona is mild enough that we don't need the #1 diesel fuel.
>
> If the all fuel John Deeres were up to operating temperature, would
> they burn diesel fuel?  Has anybody tried it?  I have never tried it,
> just wondered about it.
>
> Don Shehi
> Camp Verde, Arizona

distillate