[AT] Renters paying for old tractors :-)

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Fri Dec 10 18:00:31 PST 2004

Sounds like you have angels compared to some of the ones around here. My
FIL does a lot of work for apartment owners around here after tenants
"move" out. 90% are HUD subsidized places and it seems like every renter
so far has had the same attitude. "It's not mine so I don't care what
happens",  Holes in the walls, walls torn out, plumbing actually stolen
and sold as scrap. He just did one that was missing the wiring!!! I got
called in to rewire the entire place and then it was re-rocked and
painted. The former renters were arrested and it came out that they had
done this in 6 other places!! , And yet they were still on the HUD
listing for housing. At least for 1 year that was taken care of.... by
the county sheriff. Houses that get rented have been torched, and I know
of one that was actually gutted while the owner was on vacation.

Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown NY