[Ford-ferguson] TO-30 Rear axle

Dave_B at postmark.net Dave_B at postmark.net
Fri Dec 10 12:29:11 PST 2004

Hi all, I've had a problem with my right side rear axle leaking oil
into the brakes since I got this tractor a couple of years ago.
Finally dug into it. Pulling the axle was pretty straightforward and
the inner seal was a snap to replace. But I'd like to replace the
outer seal also. The one that sits in between the bearing and the axle
flange. My question is, can the axle bearing be pressed off of the
shaft and back on again without destroying it? Of course I'm assuming
the outer seal is shot also since the oil made it all the way into the
brake drum...

Thanks,
Dave_B