[AJD] 1st Tractor

Robert M. Massengale ltcmikem at ktc.com
Fri Dec 10 09:18:19 PST 2004

Frank -

I wish you were here to solo me on the "B".  Sorry I wasn't able to see
you on the trip to Grass Range last June... will try again next spring
after the ground has thawed enough in Montana to bury the folks that
died there during the winter.

Roger on the good advice... and I'll put it to good use.  It's been a few
years since I "pulled the gear" on a Starlifter, but flying habits are
hard to break.  I've taken all the advice folks on the list have offered
and built standard Dash-1 type checklists, complete with "Notes",
"Cautions", and "Warnings".   For you folks not familiar with military
aviation type checklists, a "Note" contains information vital to the
proper operation of a piece of equipment... a "Caution" contains
information that, if ignored, can result in personal injury and/or
equipment damage... A "Warning" contains.information that, if
ignored, can result in death and/or equipment destruction.

Mike
Robert M. Massengale
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

> Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:42:11 -0700
> From: "Frank" <gremaux at tein.net>
> Subject: Re: [AJD] 1st Tractor
>  <antique-johndeere at lists.antique-tractor.com>
>
> Mike
> serious............you got a bunch of good advice from different
> people.......put the all together and read through them and you will
> have a good idea what things to do. Anyone who can drive a C141B can
> handle it if you are careful........... any questions       you can
> call me too .................just let me know and I will send you my
> number. If you come to Red Lodge with it let me know ....I will come
> look!
>
> good luck!
>
> Frank
> gremaux at tein.net
> Central Montana
> http://www.angelfire.com/mt/deeregp/index.html

Robert M. Massengale, Lt.Col. (Ret), USAF
Order of Daedalians
Combat Control Association