[AT] Ford 8 N

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Dec 10 06:27:49 PST 2004

> Cecil,
>
> This was a little later, but when I saw my first 9N up close at the county

fair a photographer came by.  He took this picture and added it to his display.

After the fair, he gave it to me.  A copy of it has been added to my owner's

manual.

> http://members.toast.net/gwill/album/Tractors/Ford/fair_9N.jpg
>
> I think it was about 1945 or 1946.  I was thinking how great this wonderful

machine would be as a replacement for the John Deere GP!

> George Willer

	How lucky you are to have that picture, George. I can see the
wheels turning in your head. grins.  Ford sure made a hit with a lot of
people with that nice clean easy to get on and off little tractor. It
was advertised by local dealers as something you could trust your kids
to operate. I wish I had a picture of us with our new 9N in 1939 but
in those days, my mother was the photographer and only took pictures of
us standing in a row - farm equipment didn't count.

Cecil

what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson