[AJD] 60 LP followed me home

Howard Bottles hbottles at rocketmail.com
Fri Dec 10 05:15:02 PST 2004

Thanks for the info.

It looks like there is motor oil in the PS now, so that will need to
com e out. What is the best way to flush out the PS system before
putting in that $5 a quart JD PS oil?? I was thinking of draining the
system, then refilling with something cheap like R&O hyd fluid, drain
that then fill with JD lo-vis, run then drain and fill with correct JD
PS fluid.

On the water pump, it leaks and looks like the bearing is shot, pulley
wobbling around. How hard are these pumps to rebuild????

Howard
--- Don Shehi <shehi at commspeed.net> wrote:

> Howard
>
> On the power steering on the two cylinders, one must use the John
> Deere
> power steering fluid only!!!!
>
> On my 630, after I purchased it, sometimes it would not turn one
> direction.
> I forget if it was right or left.  I could back it off and sometimes
> it
> would turn ok, working with it a few times, it would then turn.  Of
> course
> by then one was past the corner.  All I did was to drain out the old
> stuff
> that was in the power steering and replace it with the genuine John
> Deere
> power steering fluid. It has worked fine since then.  It's been
> several
> years ago, there was an article in the Green mag on the use of using
> only
> the JD fluid.  This could be some of your problems.  I think I still
> have a
> quart somewhere in the shop, I'll get the number if you interested.
>
> The water pump on my 630 was leaking when I go it several years ago.
> During
> the summer, I start the 630 up to move it for mowing, about every two
> weeks.
> It has quit leaking.  On my 620LP that I purchased this spring, a
> tractor
> that had been setting for many years.  The water pump leaked like a
> sive(sp), It gets moved the same as the 630, now the leakage is much
> less
> than when I first got it.  Seems to only leak when it running.  May
> have to
> replace it someday.
>
> Don Shehi
> Camp Verde, Az