[AT] Ford 8 N

Ricky Prescott diamondp at centex.net
Thu Dec 9 08:51:02 PST 2004

I have to agree with Farmer on the Ferguson TO's.  They are lightning proof
also.  Never had one foul the plugs with a lightning strike close by.  I
really don't like the N series myself, but most of them I have come accross
were wore out completely and people were still trying to use them in this
condition.  I don' t guess I have ever been on one that was in tip top
condition.  Might change my mind if I were to see one restored.  One of my
Tractor buddies here used to farm 250 acres with one of them when he was a
kid.  Took him all summer to plow with a two disk breaking plow and an 8n.
He started at sun up and finised at sun down.  His dad would come and jump
on it during lunch so he could eat.  I think he had about 15 minutes to eat.
He said he was glad when school started because he didn't have to ride that
thing all day.  He is about 65 now.  I think he has six or seven different
ones now. Cussing them every day but wouldn't sell one if his life depended
on it.  Ricky