[Ford-ferguson] Re: snow plowing

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Thu Dec 9 02:49:24 PST 2004

Having rear wheel weights and/or liquid ballast will help with traction
(along with chains!), but that will do nothing for the hard steering. To
take weight off of the front wheels/steering, you need a counterweight
placed behind the rear wheels - on the hitch itself. I have an old
office safe chained to a three point carry-all on my Case, but there are
much more elegant solutions - like a concrete block with a length of
rebar for the lower link pins, or an actual weight box that you fill
with scrap iron.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

If you torture data sufficiently, it will confess to almost anything.
-Fred Menger, chemistry professor (1937- )