[AT] OT: a website for old car brochures

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Tue Dec 7 07:20:43 PST 2004

<http://www.tocmp.com/>

"First and foremost, the Old Car Manual Project is a library: a central
place where anyone can come to get the information they need.

How this happens is by volunteers scanning their hard-to-find documents
into a digital format, so that everyone can have access to the
information in them

Why are we doing this?

Why not? But really - one of the hardest parts of restoring or servicing
old machines is getting decent technical information. Often, it's
difficult, impossible or expensive to obtain. We think that this kind of
information should be freely available, as a public resource for the
preservation of our industrial history.

Who are we?

We are some Guys Who Like Old Iron. We can be contacted here"

Mike
--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
-Thomas Carlyle, writer (1795-1881)