[Ford-ferguson] Tapping into the 3 pt hydraulics

Gordon Sorensen gwjs at hpdmmbr.boi.hp.com
Mon Dec 6 14:48:52 PST 2004

I have Ford 800 series tractor.  It doesn't have a live PTO but does have
the 3 pt hitch and associated hydraulics but no remote valves.  Is there a
reasonably simple way to tap into the 3 pt hitch hydraulics so I could install
a couple of control valves.  I would like to build a front blade arrangement
(okay a bulldozer attachment) for pushing snow.   No I am not going to push
dirt with it as I have an OC-3 for that.  The OC-3 is rather slow and it
takes 20 minutes of track lubing before you can go out and push snow.

The tractor used to have a loader on it which had a pump that was driven off
the front of the crankshaft. I could add a pump and tank, but if I could tap
into the existing hydraulic pump, it would make things simpler.

Thanks

gordon sorensen