[AT] Shop Toys For Christmas ?

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Mon Dec 6 09:11:31 PST 2004

I've already got the "toys", Farmer.  All I need now is the time to
restore them.  I'm not even aiming for Christmas.  I just want to get
done before the next show season.  I showed Ol' 191 with wet paint on it
at the first show this year.  I'd like not to do that in 2005.

As far as "shop toys" are concerned, it's a whole lot more efficient to
go for a whole additional shop.  I can't afford that, and most others
can't either, but what I've located are a couple of guys who already
have "complete" shops that complement mine and that are willing to work
on a barter system.  Among the three of us, we pretty well cover all the
requirements for metal and wood fabrication and restoration.  The only
problem is scheduling shop time among the three of us.  I'm in the
process of re-restoring the Flint & Walling windmill (with cypress this
time) but because of the demands of the Christmas season, the wood shop
is off limits until after the first of the year.  The guy who owns it is
up to his ears in "Santa's Elf" projects for himself and relatives.  I
guess I'll have to switch projects for a few weeks and work on next
season's show piece -- the MD-6 mower attachment that I dragged down to
Shelbyville during Cub Fest 2004.

Larry