Very OT: Re: [AT] Subdivision Development

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Dec 6 04:46:37 PST 2004

crawler wrote:
> Mike West of me is a town with the same thing ,now they want to exspand the
> land fill and people will get money on the property a refund instand of
> paying.
I will say one thing: I would rather pay taxes than live with that stink
  24 hours of the day. I can handle almost anything, but the rotten
garbage smell that hangs over the area really turns my stomach. I guess
you can get used to anything. I once had business at a large paper mill
  in a town near Savannah GA and commented to one of the local employees
about the smell. (If you have never smelled what comes out of the stacks
at a paper mill, you can't appreciate how strong it is.) He replied that
it might smell bad to me, but is "smelled like ham and eggs on his
breakfast table" to him. i.e. he was happy to put up with the smell in
order to have a job.

Mike

--
Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
-Thomas Carlyle, writer (1795-1881)