Very OT: Re: [AT] Subdivision Development

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Mon Dec 6 03:07:51 PST 2004

Sales taxes are among the most regressive and hurt the little guy far
more than the wealthy. But remember, state and local governments will
have to find a way to get their money. So whether is a property tax,
income tax, sales/VAT tax, or the lottery, everyone will pay somehow.

As an aside, we had one local town in whose borders was a regional waste
incinerator and landfill operation. For the last 20+ years the property
owners did not have to pay one cent in property taxes, and the town did
some nice spending on facilities and personnel. This year, the
incinerator is shutting down, and the landfill has filled up and is
closing. Suddenly the property owners are facing huge tax bills.

Mike

DAVIESW739 at aol.com wrote:
> Dean & I feel for you guys but its just hard to reach that far.  giggle
>
> The last time they tried for a sales tax it was voted down 75 to 25 that
> should tell them something HUH!!!!!
>
> Walt Davies
> Cooper Hollow  Farm
> Monmouth, OR 97361
> 503 623-0460

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
mikesloane at verizon.net
Images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>

The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.
-Thomas Carlyle, writer (1795-1881)