[AT] Mig welders for antique tractor sheet metal work??

James Yost jnyost at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 03:46:20 PST 2004

Dean,

I bought a Lincoln wire welder that runs on 240 volts
w/gas attachment. I spent $600 (at cost)for it. Brand
new with warranty. I had a 110 volt that I ended up
giving away. Never liked it. Could not weld very long
and did not have gas. Had to use flux core wire. They
should of called that flux core something else.

If you buy one get a good one, 240 volt w/gas (a must
in my opinion)and you can weld and weld and weld and
weld until you get sick and wired or tired of it.

My 2 cents worth, Jim

--- Dean VP <deanvp at att.net> wrote:

> About every 6 months I fall into lust attack for a
> Mig welder. Never have
> owned one but would like to some day. I've kept an
> eye out for a good used
> one but haven't been successful. I know I want one
> that includes the gas
> support. And in the past I have looked at both the
> Lincoln and the Miller
> brands. However, I have noticed in the last year
> that the Hobart brand name
> seems to be much more prominent than ever before.
> What is the reason for
> that?  Better? Less expensive?  A more aggressive
> Hobart marketing program?
>
> I suspect this is just another passing lust attack
> because in the past I
> have had trouble bellying to up to the bar for the
> price of a good one.
> But...  Maybe I'll hit the lottery or something!
>
> Dean A. Van Peursem
> Snohomish, WA 98290
>
> I'm a walking storeroom of facts..... I've just lost
> the key to the
> storeroom door
>

> www.deerelegacy.com

=====