[Ford-ferguson] Re: snow plowing

TBache9248 at aol.com TBache9248 at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 18:34:26 PST 2004

HI Everyone,
I found the gentleman's comments about the front snow blade interesting. I
have purchased one for the TO30 with this in mind.  I wonder if added ballast at
the back wouldn't offset the weight of the blade or make no difference when
you picked it up, still heavy steering.  Comments?
Anyone with an original M-F snow plow brouchure, I can buy some photo copies
of? I want to see how this gizmo is suppoped to be mounted.
While thinking about traction aids, I often borrow a MF40 yellow tractor (
industrial, not ag)  It has a 5 ft bucket on the front and a concrete filled
barrel on the hitch in back. It is the most helpless thing when traction gets
poor. What I don't know is if the tires are filled or not.  I can see why it is
seldom used by the owner.  If ever there was a tractor that needed front wheel
drive, this is it.

Tom Bache
Avondale, PA
USA