[AT] Mig welders for antique tractor sheet metal work??

dfolske at nccray.net dfolske at nccray.net
Sat Dec 4 17:59:30 PST 2004

Spent most of today welding, first with my ThermalArc 180 mig and
then with my Miller Lightning AC/DC.  I was repairing a homebuilt
bale feeder made from oilfield tubing. I used the mig until it got too
windy.

 I thought I was going to patch a tractor fender for a neighbor but
when I went to pick it up he had used "liquid steel".  He hadn't
straightened it first either.  He is really fussy about most things but
he's in a hurry on this one. What do you guys recommend for paint
for an International "A"?