[AJD] GP woth Bean axle??

Paul O mrgp at fwi.com
Sat Dec 4 13:43:47 PST 2004

Charlie
Bean tractors were manufactured from 1931 to 1935. If you recall the article
I wrote for Two-Cylinder a few years ago, I estimated there were 120 built.
There are more than 120 bean axles around because the bean axle was
furnished whenever someone ordered a repair axle.

You need to widen your search for a bean tractor. I have talked to people
who grew up thinking all GP tractors had the wide front axle because they
never saw anything else. You need to look to the East where edible beans
were grown.

I understand your frustration. I cannot find a four-row cultivator. In fact,
as far as I know, there is only one in existance. There should have been as
many cultivators built as there were bean tractors. Where are they?

Paul  O