[AT] Mig welders for antique tractor sheet metal work??

ROBBRUT at aol.com ROBBRUT at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 13:43:34 PST 2004

Dean-
Hmmmmm- wonder what needed "reconditioning"
Just to make sure, This is the one I'm considering
<<<  http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=6271

I do have a comment about one of the applications of the word "reconditioned"
I have seen:
At DEKA battery's plant near me, they sell "rebuilt" batteries along with
their "seconds".
Since I was under the impression that the ability to "rebuild" batteries
ceased when they got away from the old tar-and-individual cell construction, I was
curious as to how they did it.
They said that they new accepted batteries back from anyone without question
if they were returned as "no good".
Those batteries were then re-charged and load tested, and a very high
percentage of them were fine (which probably indicated that the actual problem was
the vehicle's charging/electrical system, not the battery).
The returned, but perfectly good ones which were less that 30 days old were
then offered for sale, but as "rebuilt".
I wonder if any kind of similar situation exists here.
For the record, I HAVE purchased a few "reconditioned" items from HF (a few
string trimmers, and a chainsaw) they looked and have worked "as new".
-Bruce