[AT] OT-need help with IDing a snowblower engine

Doug Tallman dtallman at accnorwalk.com
Sat Dec 4 11:40:47 PST 2004

>> I have collected three small snowthrowers, all with what looks like the
>same
>> 3/4" straight-shaft 2-stroke engine (Jacobson Sno-Burst is one of them,
>but
>> all three are built exactly the same, but re-branded).
>> I haven't had any luck ferreting out data on this engine from the usual
>> sources.
>> I looking for: Engine OEM; Horsepower and any additional info, such as is

Bruce, jacobson built a lot of 2 strokes. A buddy had a small Toro blower
and the engine on it was a 2 stroke Techumseh. I had a mini bike with one
of those on it when I was a kid. not a real powerful thing on take-off or
rough terrain but would wind out on the road. I'd think they would at least
have as much power as the Simplex engine. There is a Techumseh engine group
on Yahoo. Maybe they can help.

           Doug Tallman
           dtallman at accnorwalk.com
           VGTCOA Ohio Regional Director